What is a Recorded Listing?
A Recorded Listing is a recorded message of any kind. You choose the rate for your listing and we host it on our site, so that customers can listen to it at their convenience, 24 hours a day. You make money without even picking up the phone!
Note: the minimum fee for Recorded Listing is 75 cents per minute. LiveAdvice keeps 50% of the fees collected for Recorded Listings.
How do I create a Recorded Listing?
There are two ways: by recording it over the phone, or by uploading a .wav file.
Recording Over the Phone
- Go to your My Listings page from My Account. Click on "Give Recorded Advice."
- Add your listing's title and text description.
- Click on Update. If you have a single phone line available, you'll be prompted to log off.
- We'll call and prompt you to record your listing at the tone.
- Once you've completed your Recorded Listing, press #.
- If you're satisfied with your Recorded Listing, press #.
- To re-record your Recorded Listing, press *
- To replay your Recorded Listing, press 1.
Uploading a .wav File
At Step #3 above, you'll have the option to upload a .wav file instead of making a recording over the phone. It will usually take us about 30 minutes to add the file to your Recorded Listing; we'll notify you by email when the process is complete.
Can I change my Recorded Listing once it's finished?
Yes, you can do so anytime. Just visit your My Listings page and click the Update link, where you can revise your listing's text description and re-record the message itself.
Can I listen to my own Recorded Listing?
Yes, and at no charge. Just click the Update link on your My Listings page.
Is there a limit to how long my Recorded Listingcan be?
Yes. You can record a message that is up to 30 minutes long, or upload a file that is up to 180 mb in size.